DEI Boot Camp
DEI Boot Camp
DEI Bootcamp – A short, intensive training to prepare you for continued learning, growth and making an impact.
The business community is engaged in addressing issues of diversity, equity and inclusion – now more than any other time in recent history. The mandate for progress in this space has created a rapid need for businesses and leaders to show an authentic understanding of DEI work and why it is a critical business imperative -- as important as corporate finance, operations and governance.
This three-day course is designed to:
- immerse participants in DEI concepts and practices;
- use that knowledge to improve their leadership styles to become more inclusive leaders, and;
- create a strategy that drives actual results and outcomes in DEI efforts in businesses.
The DEI Bootcamp is intended to be taken as a full three-day course, but depending on your needs, one day course registrations are available. Participants that complete all three sessions of the course will receive a designation as a Certified Equity and Inclusion Professional (CEIP).
The DEI Bootcamp™ Course is a three day, intensive DEI training experience that will prepare and equip the participant with DEI fundamentals, inclusive leadership practices and DEI strategic planning skills. Participants that complete all three sessions of the course will receive a designation as a Certified Equity and Inclusion Professional (CEIP). One day session registrations are permitted but only participants who attend all three days will receive the CEIP designation.
Day 1 – The Fundamentals
In this first session, participants will gain mastery of the building block in the practice of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. Designed for individuals who are new to DEI positions, early on in their management careers or for more seasoned operational leaders who want to level set on what it means to work with a DEI lens in the modern workplace. This session will cover the fundamental concepts and terms and provide hands on experience in trying on these constructs in a safe, learning environment. At the completion of this course, participants will receive a Certificate in DEI Fundamentals.
- Practice and operationalize fundamental learnings of D&I.
- Explore how respect and empathy can serve as fundamental pillars to drive inclusion and belonging.
- Examine how all aspects of diversity inclusion can be leveraged in an organization to build equity.
Areas of Focus:
Understanding key DEI terms and concepts such as diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, unconscious bias, intersectionality, allyship, social justice.
Business Case for DEI
Importance of Self Reflection and Awareness.
Bridging the race, gender, generational and identity gaps using data.
Understanding organizational policies and practices.
Day 2 – Level Up
The second session in the DEI Bootcamp focuses on the individual and how to become a more culturally responsive leader. Many people want to have a role in driving equity and inclusion but are unsure how to begin or concerned that they will say or do the “wrong” thing. Participants in this session will look inward as we study how individuals can make a difference in their teams and organizations by becoming a more inclusive leader. This session will dive into what it means to be a genuine Ally and how you can become more culturally proficient. You will explore your own default styles when working, interacting and resolving conflict with others, as well as develop critical listening and trust-building skills. At the completion of this course, participants will receive a Certificate in Inclusive Leadership.
- Learn to view Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging as a business imperative instead of a compliance initiative.
- Promote self-reflection as a means to align values and presenting one’s authentic leading self.
- Leverage the ability to drive positive interactions and foster inclusive leadership.
Areas of Focus:
Setting the Tone at the Top
Aligning Personal Values with Corporate Values
Feedback and Critical Conversations
Day 3 – It’s Go Time
The third session in the DEI Bootcamp brings together the skills and experiences from the beginning of the course and sets the stage for action and results in the DEI space. This session will focus heavily on DEI strategic planning and many of the tactical tools used in comprehensive strategic plans. Participants will learn about how to set a corporate vision for this work and to build a strategic plan from that vision. The session will explore goal setting and tactics used to achieve DEI goals. We will study common elements such as ERGs, Diversity & Inclusion Councils, dashboards/scorecards, and annual reporting. At the completion of this course, participants will receive a Certificate in DEI Strategy.
- Explore the process and mechanics of strategic planning.
- Outline clear goals, vision and mission as a starting point.
- Leverage ERGs to create an inclusive culture.
- Develop monitoring and tracking tools that help evaluation and recalibration.
Area of Focus:
Beginning with the End in Mind
ERGs and Affinity Groups
Measurements and Tools